- Resource for a mentor and mentee or for groups or classes
- Time - beginning of the school year
- Loan from a library rather than purchase
- Adult "original" for older youths or adults
The Energy Bus for Kids: A Story about Staying Positive and Overcoming Challenges by Jon Gordon
Amy Wright, the after-school program director for Putnam City Schools, shares that the Energy Bus for Kids is a resource she learned about from a program director who oversees 67 schools in Northside Independent School District in San Antonio.
"At the beginning of the school year, the after-school program goes over this book with the students, and she said it really helps set a positive tone for the year," Amy said.
http://energybuskids.com/ For a free downloadable adult guide
An illustrated adaptation of the bestselling business fable, The Energy Bus, teaches children the benefits of staying positive
In this illustrated adaptation of the bestselling fable, The Energy Bus, author Jon Gordon shows children how to overcome negativity, bullies and everyday challenges to be their best. The Energy Bus For Kids is a story that will teach kids how to find their inner motivation and pass on that positive energy to others.
- The Energy Bus For Kids presents five rules for the "Ride of Your Life"
- Teaches kids how to fuel your ride with positive energy
- Shares with kids how to love the people you share your journey with and how to enjoy the ride
Positive kids become positive adults. So get kids on the Energy Bus and infuse their lives with a newfound vision, attitude, and positivity.
The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy
Amy shared this resource at an Oklahoma Out-of-School Time Alliance (OOSTA) meeting, April 30, 2014.