JOB SHADOWING ON-SITE WORKSHEET
Student Name: ___________________________________________________
Site Visited: ___________________________________________________
Name of Person
You Shadowed: ___________________________________________________
Shadow Date: ___________________________________________________
While at your job shadow site, ask the following questions of the person you are shadowing. You should also ask two additional questions of your own. This information is for you to use to help you in the career planning process.
1. What is the main purpose of this organization?
2. What are your main responsibilities?
3. What is your time schedule?
4. What type of training, education or experience would I need to do this job?
5. How did you decide to do this type of work?
6. What do you like most about your job?
7. What do you like least about your job?
8. What is the average starting salary for this job or field?
9. How is technology used in this job or field?
10. What types of math, science, social studies, or English (written and oral communication) skills are needed to do this job?
11. Do you have any advice for me as I consider career choices?
12. What types of courses or school or community activities would you recommend to compliment this career field?
More resources and information forthcoming...