Young, Smart, Yet Unsure: How Young Black Men Can Find the Best Mentors
5 steps to getting the educational and career support you need
"...here’s what you have to do:
1. Realize that you can’t succeed alone so you MUST seek help and support.
2. Don’t only look for African-American role models.
3. Demonstrate that you are willing to take your personal and professional growth seriously.
4. Check in regularly and make sure the relationship isn’t all about you.
5. Don’t let your mentors down; Make them proud by surpassing their expectations. "
http://www.blackenterprise.com/career/mentorship-black-men-how-to-advance/ Ret. 9-19-13