Adapt this for any speaker/informational event or share your own evaluation. We have added a few suggestions from the internal actual report about the event.
Thanks to Barbara Wollmershauser of Tulsa Engineering Foundation for sharing.
SURVEY for MENTEES
1. Before this event, I knew engineers have various job functions
2. Engineers are innovative.
3. Engineers are creative.
4. Engineers perform hands-on job functions.
5. Engineers work in many different career fields.
6. Before this event, I was interested in becoming an engineer.
7. After this event, I was interested in becoming an engineer.
8. The guest speaker was informative and engaging.
9. Engineers do work that enables them to help the community.
10. I see a connection between my interests/passions & engineering.
Giveaways/Door Prizes, e.g., pins, books, etc. -
Staff hours and value if applicable -
Volunteer hours and value -
* A detailed budget is essential, but reporting can grouped and rounded to nearest dollar.
# of Mentees
# of Mentors
# of Other Volunteers, Staff, and/or Board
Excel spreadsheets for relevant detailed data
Planning committee & tasks assigned
Volunteer hours (before, at and after event)
Sample program and/or brochure
PRE- and POST-PUBLICITY
Which media - newspaper, newsletter, social media, etc.
Frequency or amount, e.g., shares on Facebook, picture with caption, article, etc.
A selected combination of these becomes the blueprint from which to evaluate for both impact and improvement and create future events.